SOS- Save Our Stores
Council to decide soon between two bills
Both Claiming To Save Small Businesses
The Small Business Jobs Survival Act (Survival Act)
Gives all commercial tenants the right to renewal their leases for
10 years and equal rights with landlords to negotiate fair lease terms. A fair arbitration process if mutual agreement can’t be reached.
Join community advocates to fight and demand your councilmember vote for the Survival Act?
“Tenants Rights Bill” CM Levin’s “Landlords Bill”
Small Business Jobs Survival Act Regulation of commercial rent
1. Right to renew commercial lease YES NO right to renew lease. Stores can be for 10 years. given 30 day notice to vacate.
2.Minimum length of lease 10 years YES NO Landlord can give month to month or Unless tenant wants less. one-two year up to landlord.
3. Tenant has equal rights to YES NO Landlord has all the rights to
negotiate new lease terms
4. Tenant does NOT pay landlords’ YES NO -Tenant pays landlords property tax!
5. Rent must be agreed upon by YES NO Government board determines rent
Both tenant and landlord increase
6. Arbitration Process available if YES NO Rent set by landlord friendly board
mutual agreement cannot be reached
7. Protection from extortion by YES NO protection, illegal extortion will
unscrupulous landlords continue
8. Stop rent gouging YES NO guarantee due to rent rate based upon based on current market rate
Only the Survival Act gives rights to commercial tenants needed to survive!
Join tenants activists to fight for ECONOMIC JUSTICE for business owners and fight for their RIGHTS!
Sign petition and contact us at